It must be the same as when you’re naming your kids and wondering how it’ll be turned into nicknames. After the Scythe Association (Britain & Ireland) was created, a few of us started to wonder that the acronym wouldn’t turn out to be some kind obscenity in another language. You can decide for yourself which of the following fits us best.
- A member of an extinct religious group known as the Sabians
- Often used to refer to the Mandeans, an extant religious group, in Arabic
- Sabi (Korea), an ancient capital of Baekje
- Sabi (dog), an Australian special forces dog
- Sabi River, in Africa (Save River (Africa))
- Wabi-sabi, a Japanese aesthetic term which nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.